Legal and Privacy
Data Protection Notice
Bosch Thermotechnology UK Ltd. (hereinafter "Worcester Bosch“ or "We“ or "Us") welcomes you to our internet pages and mobile applications (together also referred to as "Online Offers"). We thank you for your interest in our company and our products.
Worcester Bosch respects your data protection
The protection of your privacy throughout the course of processing personal data as well as the security of all business data is an important concern to us. We process personal data that was gathered during your visit of our Online Offers confidentially and only in accordance with statutory regulations.
Data protection and information security are included in our corporate policy.
Worcester Bosch is the controller responsible for the processing of your data; exceptions are outlined in this data protection notice.
Our contact details are as follows:
Bosch Thermotechnology Ltd., Cotswold Way, Warndon, Worcester, WR4 9SW, UNITED KINGDOM, Tel.: +44 330 123 9339
Processing of personal data Principles
Personal data consists of all information related to an identified or identifiable natural person, this includes, e.g. names, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, contractual master data, contract accounting and payment data, which is an expression of a person's identity.
We process personal data (including IP addresses) only when there is either a statutory legal basis to do so or if you have given your consent to the processing or use of personal data concerning this matter, e.g. by means of registration.
Processed categories of data
The following categories of data are processed:
- Contract accounting and payment data
- Transaction data
- Training- and qualification history
- Information provided by third parties (e.g. credit reference agencies or from public directories)
- Product and installation information (e.g. installation address, serial number, type of device, date of installation),
- System data (e.g. events, errors, online data, sensor values, service forecasts)
- Login credentials (e.g. id, username)
- Settings (e.g. language, time zone)
- Product registration data (e.g. details of installer, date of registration)
- Device identifier (e.g. serial numbers, device ID)
- Location data (e.g. gps coordinates)
- Calendar entries
- Audio records
- Camera and pictures
- Call log
- Information regarding your GDPR data subject request (e.g. type of request, information regarding your identity and/or communication details
Processing purposes and legal basis
We as well as the service providers commissioned by us process your personal data for the following processing purposes:
- Provision of these Online Offers (Legal basis: Art. 6 para. 1 subpara. 1 lit. f GDPR, legitimate interest on our part in direct marketing but only to the extent permitted by data protection and unfair competition law).
- Answering user requests within the scope of a chatbot. (Legal basis: Art. 6 para. 1 subpara. 1 lit. b, lit. f GDPR, fulfillment of contractual obligations or legitimate interest in the improvement of products / services).
- Resolving service disruptions as well as for security reasons. (Legal basis: Art. 6 para. 1 subpara. 1 lit. f GDPR, fulfillment of our legal obligations within the scope of data security, and legitimate interest in resolving service disruptions as well as in the protection of our offers).
- Self-promotion and promotion by others as well as market research and reach analysis done within the scope statutorily permitted or based on your expressed consent (Legal basis: Art. 6 para. 1 subpara. 1 lit. a, lit. f GDPR, consent or legitimate interest on our part in direct marketing if in accordance with data protection and competition law. To the extend required by law, contact for marketing purposes shall only be made subject to your prior consent).
- Product or customer surveys by postal mail (Legal basis: Art. 6 para. 1 subpara. 1 lit. f GDPR, legitimate interest in the improvement of products / services). Note: In case we involve a market research institute for the purpose of surveys, it shall only act based on our instructions and follow our directives.
- Product or customer surveys performed via email and/or telephone subject to your prior express consent. (Legal basis: Art. 6 para. 1 subpara. 1 lit. a GDPR, consent). Note: In case we involve a market research institute for the purpose of surveys, it shall only act based on our instructions and follow our directives.
- Sending an email or SMS/MMS newsletter subject to the recipient’s consent (Legal basis: Art. 6 para. 1 subpara. 1 lit. a GDPR, consent).
- Safeguarding and defending our rights. (Legal basis: Art. 6 para. 1 subpara. 1 lit. f GDPR, legitimate interest on our part for safeguarding and defending our rights).
- To fulfill our duty of product surveillance and for product safety. (Legal basis: art. 6 para. 1 subpara. 1 lit. f GDPR, our legitimate interest to warrant the safety of our products).
- To safeguard our rights in connection with warranty and product registration questions. (Legal basis: our legitimate interest according to art. 6 para. 1 subpara. 1 lit. f GDPR).
- To provide the core functionality of products connected with the Internet. (Legal basis: art. 6 para. 1. subpara. 1 lit. b GDPR).
- To analyze the distribution of our products and to provide individualized information and offers related to the product. (Legal basis: art. 6 para. 1 subpara. 1 lit. f GDPR, our legitimate interest to perform direct marketing in connection with profiling)
- Collection, planning and conducting of customer services. (Legal basis: art. 6 para. 1 subpara. 1 lit. b GDPR, contract)
If you wish to use or get access to benefits requiring to enter into the fulfillment of a contract, we request your registration. With your registration we collect personal data necessary for entering into the fulfillment of the contract (e.g. first name, last name, date of birth, email address, if applicable, details on the preferred payment method or on the account holder) as well as further data on voluntary basis, if applicable. Mandatory information is marked with an *.
Obligation to Provide Personal Data
Please note, in the event, that a contract was concluded between you and us, you are obliged to provide us with those personal data, which are required for the conclusion, enforcement, termination of the contract as well as for the fulfilment of contractual obligations connected with the contract or of those we are legally obliged to process. Without the provision of these data, we will not able to conclude, execute or terminate a contract.
In the event, the data processing is required neither by law nor for the conclusion, execution or termination of a contractual relationship or the fulfilment of contractual obligations, the provision of your data is optional. Please note, some functions of our Online Offers or our services cannot be used, if you do not provide us with for the usage required personal data.
Each time you use the internet, your browser is transmitting certain information which we store in so-called log files.
We store log files to determine service disruptions and for security reasons (e.g., to investigate attack attempts) for a period of Three (3) months and delete them afterwards. Log files which need to be maintained for evidence purposes are excluded from deletion until the respective incident is resolved and may, on a case-by-case basis, be passed on to investigating authorities.
In log files the following information is saved:
- IP address (internet protocol address) of the accessing device;
- Internet address of the website from which the Online Offer is accessed (so-called URL of origin or referrer URL);
- Name of the files or information accessed;
- Date and time as well as duration of transmission;
- Operating system and information on the internet browser used, including add-ons installed (e.g., Flash Player);
- Size of transmitted data;
The live chat is recorded and a transcript is sent to the email address provided once the conversation has ended. The conversation is stored within the platform for 9 months and then deleted.
This Online Offer is not meant for children under 16 years of age.
Data transfer to other controllers
Principally, your personal data is forwarded to other controllers only if required for the fulfillment of a contractual obligation, or if we ourselves, or a third party, have a legitimate interest in the data transfer, or if you have given your consent. Particulars on the legal basis and the recipients or categories of recipients can be found in the Section -Processing, purposes and legal bases. Third parties may also be other companies of the Bosch group. When data is transferred to third parties based on a justified interest, this is explained in this data protection notice.
Additionally, data may be transferred to other controllers when we are obliged to do so due to statutory regulations or enforceable administrative or judicial orders.
Service providers (general)
We involve external service providers with tasks such as sales and marketing services, contract management, payment handling, programming, data hosting and hotline services. We have chosen those service providers carefully and monitor them on a regular basis, especially regarding their diligent handling of and protection of the data that they store. All service providers are obliged to maintain confidentiality and to comply to the statutory provisions. Service providers may also be other Bosch group companies.
Transfer to recipients outside the EEA
We might transfer personal data to recipients located outside the EEA into so-called third countries. In such cases, prior to the transfer we ensure that either the data recipient provides an appropriate level of data protection (e.g. due to a decision of adequacy by the European Commission for the respective country or due to the agreement based on so-called EU model clauses with the recipient) or that you have consented to the transfer.
You are entitled to receive an overview of third country recipients and a copy of the specifically agreed-to provisions securing an appropriate level of data protection. For this purpose, please use the statements made in the Contact section.
Duration of storage; retention periods
Principally, we store your data for as long as it is necessary to render our Online Offers and connected services or for as long as we have a legitimate interest in storing the data (e.g. we might still have a legitimate interest in postal mail marketing after fulfillment of our contractual obligations).
In all other cases we delete your personal data with the exception of data we are obliged to store for the fulfillment of legal obligations (e.g. due to retention periods under the tax and commercial codes we are obliged to have documents such as contracts and invoices available for a certain period of time).
Usage of Cookies
In the context of our online service, cookies and tracking mechanisms may be used.
Cookies are small text files that may be stored on your device when visiting our online service. Tracking is possible using different technologies. In particular, we process information using pixel technology and/or during log file analysis.
We distinguish between cookies that are mandatorily required for the technical functions of the online service and such cookies and tracking mechanisms that are not mandatorily required for the technical function of the online service.
It is generally possible to use the online service without any cookies that serve non-technical purposes.
Technically required cookies
By technically required cookies we mean cookies without those the technical provision of the online service cannot be ensured. These include e.g. cookies that store data to ensure smooth reproduction of video or audio footage.
Such cookies will be deleted when you leave the website.
Cookies and tracking mechanisms that are technically not required
We only use such cookies and tracking mechanisms if you have given us your prior consent in each case. We distinguish between two sub-categories with regard to these cookies and tracking mechanisms:
These cookies facilitate operation and thus allow you to browse our online service more comfortably; e.g. your language settings may be included in these cookies.
Marketing cookies and tracking mechanisms
By using marketing cookies and tracking mechanisms we and our partners are able to show you offerings based on your interests, resulting from an analysis of your user behaviour:
- Statistics: By using statistical tools, we measure e.g. the number of your page views.
- Conversion tracking: Our conversion tracking partners place a cookie on your computer ("conversion cookie") if you accessed our website via an advertisement of the respective partner. Normally these cookies are no longer valid after 30 days. If you visit certain pages of our website and the cookie has not yet expired, we and the relevant conversion partner can recognize that a certain user clicked on the advertisement and thereby was redirected to our website. The information obtained by means of the conversion cookie serves the purpose of compiling conversion statistics and recording the total number of users who clicked on the respective advertisement and were redirected to a website with a conversion tracking tag.
- Retargeting: These tools create user profiles by means of advertising cookies or third-party advertising cookies so called "web beacons" (invisible graphics that are also called pixels or tracking pixels), or by means of comparable technologies. These are used for interest-based advertising and to control the frequency with which the user looks at certain advertisements. The relevant provider is the controller responsible for the processing of data in connection with the tool.
The providers of the tools might disclose information also to third parties for the purposes mentioned above. Please note the data protection notices of the relevant provider in this context. Please note that using the tools might include transfer of your data to recipients outside of the EEA where there is no adequate level of data protection pursuant to the GDPR (e.g. the USA). For more details in this respect please refer to the following description of the individual marketing tools.
- Google Analytics Provider: Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA Function: Analyses user behaviour (page views, number of visitors and visits, downloads), UX testing
- Google AdSense Provider: Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA Function: Algorithm that adjusts the selection of AdWord advertisements (Google advertisements) to needs
Management of cookies and tracking mechanisms
You can manage your cookie and tracking mechanism settings in the browser and/or our privacy settings.
Note: The settings you have made refer only to the browser used in each case.
Deactivation of all cookies
If you wish to deactivate all cookies, please deactivate cookies in your browser settings. Please note that this may affect the functionality of the website.
Management of your settings with regard to cookies and tracking mechanisms not required technically
When visiting our websites, you will be asked in a cookie layer whether you consent to our using of any convenience cookies, marketing cookies or tracking mechanisms, respectively. In our privacy settings, you may withdraw the consent with effect for the future or grant your consent at a later point in time.
In our Online Offers we use so-called social plugins from various social networks. They are individually described in this section. When using plugins, your internet browser creates a direct connection to the respective social networks’ server. Hereby the respective provider receives the information that your internet browser accessed from the respective site of our Online Offers - even if you do not have a user account with this provider or are currently not logged into your account. Log files (including the IP address) are, in this case, directly transmitted from your internet browser to a server of the respective provider and might be stored there. The provider or its server may be located outside the EU or the EEA (e.g. in the United States).
The plugins are standalone extensions by social network providers. For this reason, we are unable to influence the scope of data collected and stored by them.
Purpose and scope of the collection, the continued processing and usage of data by the social network as well as your respective rights and setting options to protect your privacy can be found by consulting the respective social network's data protection notices.
In case you do not wish social network providers to receive and, if applicable, store or use data, you should not use the respective plugins.
By using the so-called two click solution (provided by Heise Medien GmbH & Co. KG) we protect your visit to our web pages from being logged and processed by social network providers by default. When using a page of our internet presence which contains such plugins, these are initially deactivated. Only when you click on the respective button, the plugins are activated.
Facebook is operated under www.facebook.com by Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA, and under www.facebook.de by Facebook Ireland Limited, Hanover Reach, 5-7 Hanover Quay, Dublin 2, Ireland ("Facebook"). Find an overview over Facebook's plugins and their appearance here: http://developers.facebook.com/plugins; find information on data protection at Facebook here: http://www.facebook.com/policy.php.
Twitter is operated by Twitter Inc., 1355 Market St, Suite 900, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA ("Twitter"). Find an overview over Twitter's plugins and their appearance here: https://twitter.com/about/resources/buttons; find information on data protection at Twitter here: https://twitter.com/privacy.
Instagram is operated by Instagram LLC., 1601 Willow Road, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA ("Instagram"). Find an overview over Instagram's plugins and their appearance here: http://blog.instagram.com/post/36222022872/introducing-instagram-badges; find information on data protection at Instagram here: https://help.instagram.com/155833707900388/.
Our Online Offers use the YouTube video platform which is operated by YouTube, LLC, 901 Cherry Ave. San Bruno, CA 94066, USA („YouTube”). YouTube is a platform which allows the playback of audio and video files.
When you access a respective site of our Online Offers that contains an embedded YouTube player, this creates a connection to YouTube so that the video or audio file can be transmitted and played back. In doing so, data is transferred to YouTube as a data controller. We are not responsible for the processing of such data by YouTube.
Additional information on the scope and purpose of collected data, on further processing and usage of data by YouTube, on your rights and the privacy options available to be chosen by you, can be found in YouTube's data protection notice.
Newsletter with opt-in; Right of withdrawal
Within the scope of our Online Offers you can sign up for newsletters. We provide the so-called double opt-in option which means that we will only send you a newsletter via email, mobile messenger (such as, e.g. WhatsApp), SMS or push notification after you have explicitly confirmed the activation of the newsletter service to us by clicking on the link in a notification. In case you wish to no longer receive newsletters, you can terminate the subscription at any time by withdrawing your consent. You can withdraw your consent to email newsletters by clicking on the link which is sent in the respective newsletter mail, or in the administrative settings of the online offer. Alternatively, please contact us via the contact details provided in the Contact section.
Our Online Offers may contain links to third party internet pages – by providers who are not related to us. Upon clicking on the link, we have no influence on the collecting, processing and use of personal data possibly transmitted by clicking on the link to the third party (such as the IP address or the URL of the site on which the link is located) as the conduct of third parties is naturally beyond our control We do not assume responsibility for the processing of personal data by third parties.
Our employees and the companies providing services on our behalf, are obliged to confidentiality and to compliance with the applicable data protection laws.
We take all necessary technical and organizational measures to ensure an appropriate level of security and to protect your data that are administrated by us especially from the risks of unintended or unlawful destruction, manipulation, loss, change or unauthorized disclosure or unauthorized access. Our security measures are, pursuant to technological progress, constantly being improved.
To enforce your rights, please use the details provided in the Contact section. In doing so, please ensure that an unambiguous identification of your person is possible.
Right to information and access:
You have the right to obtain confirmation from us about whether or not your personal data is being processed, and, if this is the case, access to your personal data.
Right to correction and deletion:
You have the right to obtain the rectification or completion of inaccurate personal data or deletion of your data as far as statutory requirements are fulfilled.
This does not apply to data which is necessary for billing or accounting purposes or which is subject to a statutory retention period. If access to such data is not required, however, its processing is restricted (see the following).
Restriction of processing:
You have the right to demand for – as far as statutory requirements are fulfilled – restriction of the processing of your data.
Objection to data processing based on the legal basis of “legitimate interest": You have the right to object to data processing by us on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time. We will no longer process the personal data unless we demonstrate compliance with legal requirements to provide provable reasons for the further processing which are beyond your interests, rights and freedoms or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
Objection to direct marketing:
Additionally, you may object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes as well as herewith related profiling at any time ("Objection to direct marketing"). Please take into account that due to organizational reasons, there might be an overlap between your objection and the usage of your data within the scope of a campaign which is already running.
Withdrawal of consent:
In case you consented to the processing of your data, you have the right to revoke this consent at any time with effect for the future. The lawfulness of data processing prior to your withdrawal remains unchanged.
Data portability: You are entitled to receive data that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or – if technically feasible – to demand that we transfer those data to a third party.
Right to lodge complaint with supervisory authority:
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. You can appeal to the supervisory authority which is responsible for your place of residence or your state of residency or to the supervisory authority responsible for us. This is:
Changes to the Data Protection Notice
We reserve the right to change our security and data protection measures. In such cases, we will amend our data protection notice accordingly. Please, therefore, notice the current version of our data protection notice, as this is subject to changes.
Exercise of your rights and contact information
If you wish to contact us, please find us at the address stated in the "Controller" section.
To assert your rights or to report a data protection breach please follow this link.
You can contact us as well under:
Data Protection Officer: Data Protection Officer, Information security and Data security (C/ISP), Robert Bosch GmbH, Postcode 30 02 20 in 70442 Stuttgart, Germany