Awards ceremony sees Worcester reward environmental excellence
- The annual Environment E2020 Awards winners are announced
- Awards celebrate those who have made a commitment to tackling climate change
- Six installers, three specifiers and three school children from all over the UK were recognised for their commitment
Now in their 15th year the awards highlight best practice from installers who are making strides to conserve the environment by embracing high efficiency heating solutions and renewable technologies throughout their installations.
The winners for each of nine categories, selected from well over 100 entries, are as follows:
- Greenstar gas-fired boiler installation: Simon Smart – Boilercare (UK) Ltd, Norfolk
- Greenstar oil-fired boiler installation: Neil Pleasants – The Heating Company, Suffolk
- Greenstore and Greensource heat pump installation: Darren King – K Lewington Heating & Gas Specialists Ltd, Leicestershire
- Total system solution installation: Paul Lammond – Streetly Gas & Plumbing Ltd
- Greenspring instantaneous water heater installation: Doug Hawkins – Town & Country Plumbing & Heating Ltd
- Housing Association specification: Broadacres Housing Association, North Yorkshire
- Housebuilder Specification: Grace Homes Limited, Northamptonshire
- Local Authority Specification: London Borough of Barking and Dagenham Council
We also recognised the artistic efforts of young people up to the age of 16 whose artwork has been inspired by energy efficiency and climate change.
Six year old Finley Crookes from Merseyside, 11 year old Jasmin Walker from North Yorkshire, and 14 year old Mohommed Rafique from Kent were each presented with £500 of shopping and leisure vouchers for their efforts.
Carl Arntzen, our managing director, commented: “The Environment 2020 awards are our chance to celebrate the industry’s champions of efficient and renewable technologies. The fact that so many people are committed to protecting our planet for future generations is inspiring, and year on year I am impressed by the calibre of the entries we receive.
“Our Environment 2020 Awards have been a huge success since their introduction back in 1999 and we look forward already to seeing more examples of excellent installation and specification work when we begin judging entries next year.”
Walking two marathons back to back would be enough for most people, but for Marcel and Melanie Torrent, who both work here at Worcester Bosch, a further challenge was needed all in the name of fundraising – now they are planning to walk a double marathon in the Sahara Desert.
Until the 31st December 2018 homeowners across the UK and Ireland will be able to benefit from the Worcester Bosch guarantee promotion.