Worcester Awards Installers 20/20 For Efficiency
- The 16th annual E2020 Awards were held at Stanbrook Abbey, Worcestershire
- Nominees from across the country attended to see this year’s winners revealed
- Three young artists were also recognised for their vision of a greener future
The 1st June saw our 16th annual E2020 Awards held at the stunning Stanbook Abbey in Worcestershire, where nominees were invited from across the country to see this year’s winners revealed.
The E2020 Awards, which were established in 2000, have been designed to promote best practice and reward those who have demonstrated their commitment to sustainable heating and hot water solutions, and renewable technologies.
Winners were revealed across seven categories, with special guests, Paul Williams and Roger Webb, from the Chartered Institute of Plumbing and Heating Engineering, on hand to congratulate the installers recognised for the outstanding, energy-efficient solutions they have provided for their customers.
Amongst those also receiving awards were three extremely talented young artists who had each created a piece of art or photography to reflect the theme ‘The Environment and The Home’. 5 year-old Zaki Rynne from Hampshire, 10 year-old Harry Stone from Bristol, and 17-year-old Niamh Ni Iceadha from Dublin, were awarded for their creativity in capturing their perceptions of the environment and created thought provoking, unique art around energy efficiency and climate change. In recognition of their imagination, they each received £500 of shopping and leisure vouchers.
The full list of winners is as follows:
- Greenstar gas-fired boiler installation: Lee Hatch, LH Gas Ltd, Hertfordshire
- Greenstar oil-fired boiler installation: Jamie Sinclair, SJS Plumbing & Heating, Hertfordshire
- Renewables installation: Nick Critchley, Radiant Heating Solutions Ltd, Lincolnshire
- Total system solution: Richard Broad, Richard Broad Plumbing and Heating, Merthyr Tydfil
- Light commercial installation: Richard Hughes-Jones, Plumbright Ltd, Gwent
- Housebuilder/Specifier: Dave Branley, Mabec Nottingham Ltd.
- Collaboration award: Andy Payne, Payne’s Heating & Plumbing Services Ltd., East Sussex, Basingstoke Council and Yorkshire Energy Service