Frequently Asked Questions
How much is the EasyControl app?
- Nothing, it’s completely free to download and use.
- Please note: The EasyControl app is only available on iOS and Android devices.
How many devices can I connect to the EasyControl?
- The EasyControl can support a maximum of 10 devices at once, allowing multiple members of the household to control the heating from their devices.
- Please note: If the home presence detection feature is active on all devices (it can be switched off in the settings section of the app), the heating won’t turn off until the last device has left the house.
How many Smart TRVs can I connect to my heating system?
- Currently the EasyControl can support 19 Smart TRVs split into 20 different zones (the EasyControl wall unit being one of the zones). There are plans to expand the number of TRVs supported by the EasyControl in the future.
- The EasyControl can be purchased on its own or in a set with 3 Smart TRVs.
I don’t have a Worcester Bosch boiler. Can I still install a Bosch EasyControl?
- The EasyControl can be connected directly to Worcester Bosch boilers. However, if you have a different manufacturer’s boiler, the EasyControl is still compatible through the EasyControl Adapter. Please speak to your local installer to find out more.
What happens with the data from my EasyControl?
- For security and peace of mind, all data is stored on the EasyControl, ensuring no information is shared with other parties.
- In addition, by storing data on the device, any security risks associated with cloud storage are minimised. This also means that the control can continue to work, even when offline.
Can I turn the home presence detection feature off and use my set timings instead?
- Of course, just go to the setting within the app and turn the feature off.
Can I program my hot water as well as my heating?
- Yes, simply go onto the app and choose the times you want your boiler to provide hot water.
I already have a Wave control. Can I upgrade to an EasyControl?
- Yes, the EasyControl uses the same back plate and connections as the Wave. Simply unclip the Wave control, clip in the new EasyControl and download the app.
Which rooms should I install the Smart TRV’s in?
- We recommend you to install a smart TRV in every room for greater comfort. We also encourage you not to fit smart TRVs to any radiators in the same room as the Bosch EasyControl. If the Bosch EasyControl is set to a higher temperature than the TRV, having both in the same room can cause your heating to be permanently on
How many colours is the EasyControl available in?
The EasyControl is available in black and white.
If I remove EasyControl from the wall (e.g. for renovation work) how long will its settings be kept?
Forever. The settings are stored on the EasyControl itself. When the thermostat is reconnected, it will connect to the Bosch internet server and retrieve the correct time and date.
We’ve had a power cut. Does that affect EasyControl?
In the event of a power cut:
- The EasyControl does not have power and the heating appliance is switched off.
- The EasyControl remembers last set settings.
- As soon as the power returns, the thermostat reboots, the current time is retrieved from the internet server and the appliance restarts according to the clock program.
The thermostat updates automatically. Can I turn this off?
No, automatic updates cannot be switched off. The thermostat automatically checks for updates on the server, which install automatically. The thermostat stays up-to-date so you can benefit from any product improvements.
Do I have to subscribe to a service to be able to use the EasyControl?
No, the EasyControl is sold including the free EasyControl app. The app contains all the features you need and is available can be downloaded from the Apple App Store and Google Play.
I'm moving house and want to take my EasyControl with me. Can I install it in a new property?
Yes, you can. Simply update the location in the app. You can also return the EasyControl to factory settings by pressing the thermostat’s reset button with a paper clip, but you will lose your current clock program. For more information, see the user manual.