How could mains water pressure affect my combi boiler?
For all cold-mains-fed combi boilers, it is important to ensure (before/at the time of installation) that the water main is large enough to deliver adequate water to the boiler whilst other cold outlets are in use (eg flushing toilets, washing machine filling or cold taps being run). If the water main is insufficient, cold water may be 'pinched' from the boiler when more than one outlet is used. The chances of this happening could be reduced by giving the boiler priority over all the other outlets. This could be done by piping it up as the first draw off from the mains.
The performance of any mains fed hot water system depends on the mains water supply offering an adequate dynamic pressure and flow rate. This is because the flow rate must be sufficient to supply hot and cold water simultaneously.
Whilst there maybe sufficient mains pressure, the flow rate is dependant on the size, type and condition of the incoming main. It is important not to confuse pressure with flow. Also, dynamic pressure will be less than the static pressure.
A water pressure reducing valve may also be required to protect the appliance from excessive incoming mains pressure. Maximum incoming water pressure is normally 10 bar.
More All FAQs
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of the different types of heat pumps?
- How do I reset my EasyControl password?
- How do I create a Bosch ID account?
- How do I log out and create a personalised Bosch ID account?
- I'm moving house and want to take my EasyControl with me. Can I install it in a new property?
- Do I have to subscribe to a service to be able to use the EasyControl?
- The thermostat updates automatically. Can I turn this off?
- We’ve had a power cut. Does that affect EasyControl?
- If I remove EasyControl from the wall (e.g. for renovation work) how long will its settings be kept?
- How many colours is the EasyControl available in?
Manuals & brochures
Lost the instructions? Don't worry. Download PDF copies of product user manuals, instructions or brochures here.
Please contact our customer relations team if you have any feedback, comments or criticism of our products or services.