How do controls affect ErP?
The ErP Directive covers all products that consume energy, such as boilers, heat pumps, solar thermal etc. It also includes controls, which are defined using 'classes'. These run from Class I (a simple on/off room stat) through to Class VIII (multi-sensor room control for use with modulating heating appliances). Each control class equates to a certain percentage uplift in system efficiency e.g. A class VI weather compensating control and room thermostat, such as the Worcester Wave, will add 4% efficiency to the heating system.
More All FAQs
- I already have a Wave control. Can I upgrade to an EasyControl?
- Can I program my hot water as well as my heating?
- Can I turn the home presence detection feature off and use my set timings instead?
- What happens with the data from my EasyControl?
- I don’t have a Worcester Bosch boiler. Can I still install a Bosch EasyControl?
- How many Smart TRVs can I connect to my heating system?
- How many devices can I connect to the EasyControl?
- How much is the EasyControl app?
- How do I know that my condensate pipe is blocked?
- My boiler is producing a 'gurgling' sound what could be the cause?