How does a heat pump work?
A heat pump works on similar principles to the way a domestic fridge works.
A water and glycol mixture is pumped around the collector circuit and causes the refrigerant in the evaporator to turn to gas. This refrigerant passes through the compressor, causing the temperature to rise significantly.
The hot gas moves to the condenser where it condenses and the latent energy is released into the heating circuit.
More All FAQs
- Why doesn't my EasyControl activate the heating when I have Smart Radiator Thermostats installed?
- Which rooms should I install the Smart TRV’s in?
- I already have a Wave control. Can I upgrade to an EasyControl?
- Can I program my hot water as well as my heating?
- Can I turn the home presence detection feature off and use my set timings instead?
- What happens with the data from my EasyControl?
- I don’t have a Worcester Bosch boiler. Can I still install a Bosch EasyControl?
- How many Smart TRVs can I connect to my heating system?
- How many devices can I connect to the EasyControl?
- How much is the EasyControl app?