How efficient are air source heat pumps?
When properly installed, an air source heat pump can produce up to 5 times more heat energy to the home than the electrical energy it consumes.
The basis of heat pump efficiency is known as 'Coefficient of Performance' (or 'COP'). For example, 3 units of environmental energy plus 1 unit of electricity equals 4 units of heating energy, hence a COP rating of up to 4. This is subject to suitable low flow temperatures and house insulation levels.
More All FAQs
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of the different types of heat pumps?
- How do I reset my EasyControl password?
- How do I create a Bosch ID account?
- How do I log out and create a personalised Bosch ID account?
- I'm moving house and want to take my EasyControl with me. Can I install it in a new property?
- Do I have to subscribe to a service to be able to use the EasyControl?
- The thermostat updates automatically. Can I turn this off?
- We’ve had a power cut. Does that affect EasyControl?
- If I remove EasyControl from the wall (e.g. for renovation work) how long will its settings be kept?
- How many colours is the EasyControl available in?
Manuals & brochures
Lost the instructions? Don't worry. Download PDF copies of product user manuals, instructions or brochures here.
Please contact our customer relations team if you have any feedback, comments or criticism of our products or services.