How efficient are air source heat pumps?
When properly installed, an air source heat pump can produce up to 5 times more heat energy to the home than the electrical energy it consumes.
The basis of heat pump efficiency is known as 'Coefficient of Performance' (or 'COP'). For example, 3 units of environmental energy plus 1 unit of electricity equals 4 units of heating energy, hence a COP rating of up to 4. This is subject to suitable low flow temperatures and house insulation levels.
More All FAQs
- Why doesn't my EasyControl activate the heating when I have Smart Radiator Thermostats installed?
- Which rooms should I install the Smart TRV’s in?
- I already have a Wave control. Can I upgrade to an EasyControl?
- Can I program my hot water as well as my heating?
- Can I turn the home presence detection feature off and use my set timings instead?
- What happens with the data from my EasyControl?
- I don’t have a Worcester Bosch boiler. Can I still install a Bosch EasyControl?
- How many Smart TRVs can I connect to my heating system?
- How many devices can I connect to the EasyControl?
- How much is the EasyControl app?