Is there enough sunshine in the UK for solar thermal?
Contrary to popular belief the amount of solar radiation received in this area is enough for solar water heating to be a viable supplement to existing domestic water heating.
Perhaps surprisingly, the UK in particular receives 65% of the amount of solar radiation that is received by the south of Spain.
More All FAQs
- How do I know that my condensate pipe is blocked?
- My boiler is producing a 'gurgling' sound what could be the cause?
- What is the lower limit operating temperature of a Worcester air to water heat pump?
- What are the key maintenance requirements for Greensource Air to Water Heat Pumps?
- How should the air to water heat pump unit be sited to ensure the airflow and access it needs?
- What size of cable should be used to connect the air to water heat pump to the mains electricity supply?
- How cost effective are solar thermal panels?
- What is the best way to calculate how many solar thermal panels I need?
- Is planning permission required for solar thermal panels?
- Is there any funding available for solar thermal?