What are timers, programmers and programmable room thermostats?
A boiler timer is a basic device that allows you to set times for your central heating.
A boiler programmer allows you to set different times for heating and/or hot water.
What is the difference between timers and programmers?
A timer operates your heating system at the same times every day whereas a programmer allows different heating times for different days of the week to suit your lifestyle.
A room thermostat enables you to set the target temperature for a room. Room thermostats are usually best positioned in the hall or landing. They should be sited away from direct sunlight and clear of curtains and furniture.
Programmable room thermostats
A programmable room thermostat enables you to set different room temperatures for different times of the day and night. When set up correctly, a programmable room thermostat prevents the system from having to heat the house from a 'cold start'. The control always maintains a temperature within the property and this ensures that the boiler is only ever 'topping up' the temperature in the home. As a guideline, target temperatures should be set at 21 C for comfort temperature and 15 C for economy temperature.
More All FAQs
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of the different types of heat pumps?
- How do I reset my EasyControl password?
- How do I create a Bosch ID account?
- How do I log out and create a personalised Bosch ID account?
- I'm moving house and want to take my EasyControl with me. Can I install it in a new property?
- Do I have to subscribe to a service to be able to use the EasyControl?
- The thermostat updates automatically. Can I turn this off?
- We’ve had a power cut. Does that affect EasyControl?
- If I remove EasyControl from the wall (e.g. for renovation work) how long will its settings be kept?
- How many colours is the EasyControl available in?
Manuals & brochures
Lost the instructions? Don't worry. Download PDF copies of product user manuals, instructions or brochures here.
Please contact our customer relations team if you have any feedback, comments or criticism of our products or services.