What can cause an oil boilers burner to lockout?
A burner lockout could be as a result of no oil or a leak in the pipeline. Another cause of burner lockout is from contaminated oil. This contamination could be from:- Water ingress into the tank from a missing cover, a damaged tank from condensation, sludge, which can occur due to the growth of micro-organisms at the water fuel interface in the tank or rust from a metal oil tank corroding.
Your OFTEC registered installer or oil supplier will be able to assist you with cleaning your tank and flushing through the oil lines.
More All FAQs
- Why doesn't my EasyControl activate the heating when I have Smart Radiator Thermostats installed?
- Which rooms should I install the Smart TRV’s in?
- I already have a Wave control. Can I upgrade to an EasyControl?
- Can I program my hot water as well as my heating?
- Can I turn the home presence detection feature off and use my set timings instead?
- What happens with the data from my EasyControl?
- I don’t have a Worcester Bosch boiler. Can I still install a Bosch EasyControl?
- How many Smart TRVs can I connect to my heating system?
- How many devices can I connect to the EasyControl?
- How much is the EasyControl app?