Will I receive anything in writing when I have a new boiler installed?
Your local authority must be told when you have a new or replacement boiler fitted. Your installer should do this for you, and you should receive the following certificate:
If your boiler is installed by a Gas Safe Register/CORGI-registered or OFTEC-registered installer, you will get a 'building regulations compliance' certificate from Gas Safe Register/CORGI or OFTEC after the work has been completed. Gas Safe Register/CORGI or OFTEC will also tell the local authority that you have had a new or replacement boiler fitted.
You should keep this certificate as you may need it when you sell your home.
More All FAQs
- How do I know that my condensate pipe is blocked?
- My boiler is producing a 'gurgling' sound what could be the cause?
- What is the lower limit operating temperature of a Worcester air to water heat pump?
- What are the key maintenance requirements for Greensource Air to Water Heat Pumps?
- How should the air to water heat pump unit be sited to ensure the airflow and access it needs?
- What size of cable should be used to connect the air to water heat pump to the mains electricity supply?
- How cost effective are solar thermal panels?
- Is there enough sunshine in the UK for solar thermal?
- What is the best way to calculate how many solar thermal panels I need?
- Is planning permission required for solar thermal panels?