Should I turn my oil boiler off when my oil tank is being filled?
Yes, it is recommended to turn your boiler off whilst the tank is being filled and to leave it off for a short period afterwards of up to 30 minutes. This will ensure that any sediment that has settled on the base of your tank is not stirred up and drawn into your fuel line.
More Oil Boiler FAQs
- My new Greenstar oil boiler's flue overheat thermostat keeps tripping out
- Why might I want to programme hot water times with my combi boiler?
- Why is the hot water produced by my combi boiler sometimes cloudy?
- How could mains water pressure affect my combi boiler?
- Do you recommend treatment of the central heating water?
- How does part L of the Building Regulations affect my boiler installation?
- What do the error symbols mean on my boiler?
- What can cause an oil boilers burner to lockout?
- Will I receive anything in writing when I have a new boiler installed?
- What sort of shower can I run off my combi boiler?