Service Engineer Visit Terms and Conditions
Bosch Thermotechnology Ltd (the service provider), in the course of its business, offers to provide you (the customer), an appointment for an engineer to complete a service, or commission, or repair; on your Worcester or Buderus branded product, subject to your acceptance of the following terms and conditions:
a. The product must have been purchased and installed within one of the following territories: the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland, the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands.
b. The product must be correctly installed and commissioned in accordance with the installation instructions for your product and must meet the requirements of the Benchmark initiative if applicable.
c. Our engineers will only perform work on Worcester or Buderus, brands supported by Bosch Thermotechnology, branded products or components and will not perform any work on any aspect of your heating system outside of these products.
d. All engineer appointments will be booked to commence during our normal working hours of, 7am–6pm Monday to Saturday, unless specifically stated otherwise by ourselves.
e. Appointments will be scheduled for the earliest availability of an appropriately qualified engineer.
f. Whilst we will endeavour to provide a Bosch Thermotechnology Ltd engineer, we reserve the right to use a suitably qualified third party to fulfil the appointment.
g. Our engineer will attend your property on the agreed date and inspect the appliance. Should a required spare part be unavailable, then we will arrange with you a mutually convenient time to return and complete the work.
h. Whilst we will endeavour to fulfil all appointments there may be occasion, due to circumstances outside of our control, when we are unable to do so. In these circumstances we will contact you as soon as is reasonably possible in order to arrange an alternative date.
i. If you are unable to provide our engineer with access to the property on the agreed date, you must contact us as soon as possible and at least before 12 noon on the day preceding the agreed appointment in order to arrange an alternative date.
j. Our engineer will endeavour to contact you thirty minutes prior to your appointment in order to provide you with notice of arrival. Should we be unable to contact you, for whatever reason, our engineer will proceed to attend the appointment.
k. You are responsible for providing adequate parking for our engineer.
l. Our engineer must not be left in the property alone and a suitable adult must be present in the property at all times during the appointment.
m. Our engineers are entitled to work in a smoke free environment and as such you are required to ensure that the engineer is not exposed to active smoking whilst he is within the property.
n. It is your responsibility to ensure that pets are away from the area where the engineer needs to work
o. You are responsible for ensuring that our engineer can gain clear and safe access to work on the product or component, as described in the product’s installation instructions, including making adequate provision for visual inspection of flues in voids and for ensuring that any product located within a loft cavity complies with the current health and safety at work regulations, (products in loft cavities must have permanent fixed lighting, a permanently fixed retractable roof ladder and a fixed floor area sufficient to allow access for normal use and servicing directly under and around the product and between the product and the access hatch).
p. We reserve the right to cancel an appointment and to retain an inspection fee should legal parking not be provided, or if we are unable to obtain clear and safe access to the property or product, or if we have reason to believe that the health and safety of our engineer cannot be guaranteed.
q. We reserve the right to determine that your product is beyond economical repair. If this is the case then our engineer will advise you accordingly and you will not be charged for the appointment.
r. In the event that your product, or a component of your product, is covered under the terms and conditions of a manufacturer’s guarantee, then we will complete the work on the product or component free of all material and labour costs in accordance with the terms and conditions of the guarantee.
s. We reserve the right to not fulfil an appointment, should the necessary spares be unavailable, if the product is subject to recall, or if the product has become obsolete and removed from our current product list.
t. We will not accept or reimburse the costs of any third party in carrying out any work on the product or for parts fitted, unless we have approved the work in advance.
u. In the event that the fault is not product related, or alternatively if the fault is due to an installation error or because the system requires cleansing, then our engineer will advise you of this on the day and we reserve the right to charge an inspection fee.
v. For all engineer visits out of warranty we will normally ask for payment details (credit/debit card) prior to booking an engineer appointment. These details will be used to reserve our charge on your account. Once the engineer appointment is concluded this charge will then be debited from your account.
w. You are required to provide telephone contact numbers to enable us to contact you in the course of arranging and fulfilling your appointment.
x. In the course of arranging and fulfilling your appointment we may choose to contact you in one or more of the following ways: phone, text, fax, email;
y. This agreement does not include:
- Products installed on boats including house boats;
- Fuel lines to the product, plugs or cables;
- The replacement of casework and decorative panels or flaps;
- Boiler de-scaling and chemical cleansing/flushing;
- The issuing of Gas Safety Certificates (CP12s);
- Bleeding of oil supply pipelines.
- Repaircare – Charges are set and plans administrated by Domestic & General Ltd please refer to Domestic and General for further information
- Service & Maintenance Plans – Charges are set by and plans administrated by Domestic & General Ltd please refer to Domestic and General for further information
- Servicing and Commissioning appointments are charged at a fixed price inclusive of VAT, with the price being dependant on the product. Should parts be required, then the appointment will be classified as a breakdown and the associated breakdown price will be charged.
- Non-boiler product breakdown appointments are charged an initial call out fee, which is inclusive of the first hour of labour. Subsequently labour is charged for every complete or partial 15 minutes that the engineer is on site. Parts are charged in addition to the call out fee and labour. VAT is included within each of these charges.
- Any parts fitted under one of the chargeable call types above are guaranteed for one calendar year against defective workmanship and defective components.
- If your service visit was done on a fixed charge basis and it becomes evident, within 30 days of the original appointment, that your product has not been successfully repaired then we will return to repair the product free of charge, but subject to the same terms and conditions. If however, a new fault has developed since the original appointment, then we reserve the right to charge for the second appointment in line with our terms and conditions.
- If works carried out were done under a Domestic and General plan the guarantee period is a stated in the plans terms and conditions as supplied by Domestic and General.
How to ask for/cancel a repair appointment
- You can request/cancel an appointment online at www.worcester-bosch.co.uk/support/product-service/appointment
- Alternatively you can call 0330 123 9339, (open 7am–8pm Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm Sat, 9am-12pm Sun and 8am-4.30pm on bank holidays. Calls to 03 numbers cost no more than a national rate call to an 01 or 02 number and must count towards any inclusive minutes in the same way as 01 and 02 calls. These rules apply to calls from any type of line, including mobile, BT, other fixed phone line or payphone. Calls from mobiles and some other networks may vary).
- If you smell gas or are worried about gas safety, you can call the National Gas Emergency Service free on 0800 111 999 at any time, day or night.
The Service Provider shall not be liable for:
(i) loss of profits; or
(ii) loss of business; or
(iii) depletion of goodwill and/or similar losses; or
(iv) loss of anticipated savings; or
(v) loss of use; or
(vi) loss or corruption of data or information; or
(vii) any special, indirect, consequential or pure economic loss, costs, damages, charges or expenses.
- These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
- These terms and conditions shall be construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales, and both parties agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- Where the Service is to be performed in Scotland, this contract shall be construed in accordance with the laws of Scotland, and both parties agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Scotland.
- The Service Provider reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time before delivery of the service is completed.
Telephoning Bosch Thermotechnology Ltd
- Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded for quality assurance and training purposes.
- Your details will be held and used by Bosch Thermotechnology Limited and selected companies acting on our behalf in order to provide a service to you. We may disclose your information to our service providers and agents for this purpose. We may also use your data for training and testing purposes.
- If you have given us permission, your details may also be used by us or third parties for other marketing purposes. We and the third parties (if applicable) may contact you by mail, telephone or email. If you no longer want your data to be used by third parties or by us for marketing purposes and you have not already notified us please email us at email@example.com or alternatively please write to our Customer Service Team at our registered office listed below.
- Bosch Thermotechnology Ltd prides itself on delivering the highest possible standards of customer service at all times. If you feel that we have fallen below these standards then please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org (where complaints are handled) or alternatively please write to our Customer Correspondence Team at our registered office listed below.
Worcester and Buderus are brand names of Bosch Thermotechnology Ltd. Registered office: Cotswold Way, Warndon, Worcester, WR4 9SW. Registered in England and Wales, No. 1993294.
More Terms & Conditions
- Domestic Hot Water Secondary Heat Exchanger Guarantee
- Gas Boiler Primary Heat Exchanger Guarantee
- Guarantee Terms And Conditions
- Image Library Terms And Conditions
- Mains Pressure Domestic Hot Water Storage Cylinder Guarantee
- Terms and Conditions
- Service Engineer Visit Terms And Conditions
- Solar Panel Guarantee
- Standard Guarantee Periods Terms and Conditions
- Renewable Product Maintenance Plan Terms and Conditions
- Worcester Service Plan - Terms and Conditions
- Rely On competition terms and conditions
- Terms and Conditions
- Bear Grylls Giveaway Terms and Conditions
- Grass Roots Terms and Conditions
- Win a Boiler Competition Terms and Conditions
- Certificate of Registration