What is pluming?
There are times when a white plume or discharge can be seen coming from the flue terminal on condensing boilers. This is due to the flue gases being cooler than in non-condensing boilers. With standard efficiency (non-condensing) boilers, flue gases are hotter and cool down further away from the flue's terminal and dissipate differently. The flue gases of condensing boilers exhaust at around 55 degrees C, cool quicker in the atmosphere and in certain outside temperatures cause a plume similar in effect to breath on a cold morning.
More All FAQs
- Why doesn't my EasyControl activate the heating when I have Smart Radiator Thermostats installed?
- Which rooms should I install the Smart TRV’s in?
- I already have a Wave control. Can I upgrade to an EasyControl?
- Can I program my hot water as well as my heating?
- Can I turn the home presence detection feature off and use my set timings instead?
- What happens with the data from my EasyControl?
- I don’t have a Worcester Bosch boiler. Can I still install a Bosch EasyControl?
- How many Smart TRVs can I connect to my heating system?
- How many devices can I connect to the EasyControl?
- How much is the EasyControl app?